In the quest to eat better and get healthier I am looking for simple dinners that I can prep ahead of time and make quickly. This garlic lemon chicken dish healthy and very easy to make if you are crunched for time. Think about preparing ahead of time and freezing! I am slowly leaning towards clean eating as a diet lifestyle however that does mean giving up pizza’s and cheeseburgers. Which means building up my healthy recipe book; I need to be prepared with tasty alternatives to our typical take out options to persuade my husband. This is one simple dish that is packed with flavor!
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- ¼ c. Lemon Juice
- 1/3 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ c. Parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything together a marinate chicken for 3-6 hours or longer.
- Bake chicken in an oven safe dish 350° preheated oven for 30 minutes.
For dinner tonight I made this chicken with Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus. YUMMY!!
- 1- 1 1/2lbs Asparagus
- Parmesan Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 350°.
Tip: Want a great freezer meal, just add chicken and marinade to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 5 months. Thaw in the refrigerator the day of cooking. Dump contents into a oven safe dish and cook at 350° for 30 minutes.