I have a favorite Chinese restaurant in Minneapolis, MN which makes the best, like seriously the best spicy green beans ever. I would love to make these at home, but whenever I ask what is on the green beans, they say something vague like “goodness”, and “yummy stuff”. Alright, alright I got the hint, you don’t want to share. Well I decided that it couldn’t be that difficult, so I put on my big girl pants and got to work… and what do you know. It is not that hard to figure out. While they are not exactly the same as in the restaurant, they are pretty good and I guess they were spot on with the ingredients, because they contain quite a bit of yummy stuff and goodness!
I am almost embarrassed about how simple this is, and why I never tried it out before. Now I don’t really measure, I just dump and try feel out
- Green Beans
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Minced Garlic
- Wok for cooking (a Wok works best, but you can use a skillet)
- Something to stir with
- Add some oil to your Wok and heat it up
- Toss green beans mix frequently, until beans are slightly wilted
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, keep stirring
- Once everything is mixed together, and the garlic starts browning you are done
- For spicier green beans add more red pepper flakes, but be careful things could get HOT!
- These refrigerate well and are great for lunches!
Now wasn’t that easy, like embarrassingly easy!! Now it is your turn, try it tonight, as a great side dish to any Salmon or Chicken dish, or if you are like me, eat a big bowl of spicy green beans alone!