Everyone loves macaroni and cheese, growing up the blue box was a stable around our home. Now that I am grown up and have a maybe a slightly more refined palate I like to make grown up macaroni and cheese. This dish is great on a cold night and always hits the spot when I am looking for that comfort food fix.
- 8 oz. Elbow noodles
- 2 c. cottage cheese- small curds
- 2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 egg- lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. mustard powder
- ½ c. cheddar cheese
- ½ c. Panko breading (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, strain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine noodles, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, egg, salt and mustard powder together in a bowl and stir together.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish, cover
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven, layer cheddar cheese, panko crumbs, and paprika. Cook uncovered for another 5-10 minutes.