I love Chinese take out but don’t always like not knowing what is in my food. This beef and broccoli recipe makes the beef extra tender, and the broccoli holds a bit of a crunch. It is way better than take out!
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips
Marinate the Beef- Whisk together the baking soda, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, water and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Coat the steak with the marinade, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- ½ c low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp sherry (optional)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (heads only)
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, flour and sherry until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering. Add broccoli and sauté for approx. 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove broccoli from pan, and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Carefully add the remaining tablespoon of oil to a hot pan. Add the marinated meat and half of the sauce mixture and sauté for approx. 3 minutes, stirring often, until meat is cooked through. Stir in the broccoli and remaining sauce. Sauté for a few minutes more.
- Serve over a bed of rice.
So yummy, quick, simple and a healthy dinner for your family.