Chocolate crinkle cookies are a family favorite during the holidays and when I have the time I love baking up a batch, when I don’t have time…. I use my cheat recipe which uses a cake box mix as the base. Make sure to leave enough time for these. The cookies need 2-3 hours to chill in the fridge before handling.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix oil, chocolate, sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at 2- 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet.
- Roll a teaspoon of dough into a small ball and drop into powdered sugar; roll around to coat. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.